Friday, November 4, 2011

Veni, Vidi ...





















Veni Vidi...

And then I decided to go home
Home is where the hearth is
Food and warmth
I seem to be a fish out of water

But home was no longer there
The place was overgrown by old memories
that had no place in my world anymore
The rot and ruin is consuming the place
I once called home

A home left alone dies a slow death
with no footsteps or voices
the vibratory life of the house is sucked out
The house cries out in pain
But no one hears

No one but the snakes and the crows
the scavengers who come to pick the bones
of the dead and forgotten

The shadows of memories twist and curl
like vines of Kudzu
Overtaking everything in their path
You still see the shape of a house but
when you clear the vines away there is nothing left

Even the rats and cockroaches have abandoned the place

My life has gotten ahead of me
It is going faster than I can keep up
I still have things to do but can not seem
to find the time
So I mostly do nothing

One day the Sun will go down
and not come back up
everyone will wonder what happened
The Earth, our Mother for millions of years
is about to shake us off like fleas off a dog's back

A splendid End and a New Beginning
A little spark in a huge Galaxy
on an insignificant little planet

© Oct 29, 2011 Philip G. DeLoach

No comments: