Monday, August 30, 2010

Who Where Why When
















Who, Where, Why and When


While walking down a dusty road
With dry dust popping up like puffs of smoke
I felt a change in the wind
I smelled a change coming.

The slant of the sun as it drifted behind the trees
Told me of coming chill
There were lots of butterflies this year
But they are mostly gone now.

What few friends I found in the last few years
Seem to have gone the way of most
Here today and gone tomorrow
And this road seems like it goes forever.

I hear voices in my head
Like a group of people
Holding a meeting
Deciding our direction and destination.

I hear my name in a gust of wind
I can barely see the veil that separates us from our real selves
Sometimes that veil lifts
And we see who we really are.

There seems to be clockwork wheels that turn the engines of time
Some forward, some backwards but always moving
It is inescapable but if you realize that it doesn't matter anyway
That time is just a measurement of movement, not actual time.

Actual time does not move
We flit about or drag through it
Depending on our perception of it
The farther you go the shorter the distance.

One dusty day we will meet ourselves going the other way
That day be sure and say hello
It may make your day
For at least one of you.

The Kudzu is blooming outside now
Smells just like Grape Candy
Unstoppable weed, Kudzu
Grows no matter what.

It comes and goes every year
But even though it dies each winter
There's always more of it the next year
More Kudzu, less time.

Can't stop neither one
Guess you just have to put up with it all
Well, I hear that Crow a-calling
Guess I'll move on along.

© 2010 Philip G. DeLoach

3 comments:

Pris said...

It's looking good, Philip!!!

Pris said...

Hi Philip, where are the quote marks you were talking about? I don't see them in this note. Can't sit to read more now. I'll be back. You're doing a great job with your blog!

Philip DeLoach said...

Pris,
Thanks for taking time to read and comment on my Blog!
I don't know what quote marks you are referring to.

Thanks!
Philip