Sunday, April 24, 2011

The First Step

The First Step

I am standing in a doorway.
It opens onto a vast horizon of cosmic beauty.
Nearby our own Nature is busily doing what it is meant to do.
Fulfilling it's destiny.

Some creatures live only a few days.
Some live for over a thousand years.
The world is poised to see what direction we all take
when we take that step into the next phase of existence.

We have the power to create a paradise on Earth.
And we have the power to totally destroy the whole planet.
A toss of the dice.
But who holds the dice?

It certainly is not me or anyone I know.
How can they do what they are doing without one thought
to the consequences of their actions?
They somehow think that lies and appearances are all that matter.

It goes much deeper than that.
How many others are standing in this same doorway?
Pondering the future of mankind and every other species of life
on this planet?

I feel a hollow place in my heart and a sadness for all the creatures
who are going to die without ever knowing why and through no
fault of their own. Do the corporate Puppet-masters know something
we don't know?
Do they have another planet already picked out and made livable
so that when this one goes they will just leave us to die and be gone.

I would like to live to see the Destroyers be brought to justice.
I don't think I will see that.
Not because it is so far away in the future but because I think
when the time comes there will be so much chaos that it will be
every man for himself.

It may turn out that after the dust settles in a few thousand years
Some survivors of the change will re-create a world where people and
animals and Earth all live as one creature.
Hopefully the sins of mankind will have evolved out of us.

Do you think that there is a possibility that it will happen this way?

I cannot see the future but I feel that we have dropped the straw
that breaks the camel's back.

He's the same camel that has to pass through the eye of the needle.

I do not feel very optimistic personally.

It seems a shame to waste a perfectly good Earth....

© 2011 Philip G. DeLoach

No comments: