Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Is It Time?



























Is it Time?

It's hard to know
when it's time to go.
It's hard to say
when it's time to stay.

I've been thinking for a long time
I don't know if I'll even be missed.

Friends tend to fade away
when you're not in their faces
every day.

So let us take some time today
to remember those we let
slip away.

Gone but not forgotten
Is the way I would like
to think it will be.

But that's not how life works.
Absence does not make the heart grow fonder.
You're no longer here
but over yonder.

And we all know how far yonder is.
You can say I've gone to wandering.
Don't know if I'll ever be back.
Electronic friends you'll never lack.

They drift right in
Then fade  away again.
It's like they never were ...
Friends to the end.

Just makes me laugh.

At how stupid life can be.
It's all a cost
and nothing's free.
So when I go and not come back
take a piece of what you lack.

Remember you'll never have to
give it back.

© Oct 4 2011 Philip G. DeLoach

No comments: